Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M - Monogamy

I don’t get it.

What’s so bad
about finding the one?

As I lay in bed past the
moon settling over the horizon
I think of my perfect man.

His brilliant smile exposed after
a corny joke only he could
find funny.

That trip we took in the
middle of an isolated desert
that almost tore us apart.

Even that disgusting habit of
his that drives beyond the
point of insanity.

This is what I want.

I accept that my dreams exist
within the social constructs, but
in reality,

I just want love.

2 comments:

  1. At the end of day- that's what everyone wants gay or not. Funny- I like the line " even that disgusting habit that drives beyond the point of insanity". My husband has a few of those that make me want to kill him but I love him too much! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree.

      And thanks for the line shout out! I really focused on trying to make that line universal, yet relate-able so I am glad it worked out.

      Delete