Monday, April 20, 2015

Q - The Word Queer

Things Queer is Not:

Queer is not ugly.
Queer is not a $3 bill.
Queer is not your next door neighbor’s uncle that only gets talked about on ancestry.com.
Queer is not my direct identity.
Queer is not my first kiss.
Queer is not that person who doesn’t quite fit your box.
Queer is not unnatural.
Queer is not a thing of the past.
Queer is not a word for you to use light-heartedly.
Queer is not what you think it is.
Queer is not gone.

Things Queer Is:

Queer is my people.
Queer is beautiful.
Queer is a community that you have decided to marginalize.
Queer is here.
Queer is my last night.
Queer is that feeling you get when you decide understand that weird feeling.
Queer is my life.
Queer is the kind-hearted person down the street.
Queer is wonderful.
Queer is amazing.
Queer is beautiful.
Queer is everything you would hope it to be.

2 comments: